Sunday, November 11, 2007

A troubled mind

I seem to see a crisis ahead. I am going to be in KL with colleagues of widely varying taste. A wants to drink, B wants to eat, C wants to work, I don't know what D wants, but you can bet it wont be a lot out of line of C's needs. I? I want to have a good time too, but I foresee we'll be busy, plus applications have to be sent out. Maybe I should leave the others to their own devices and I'll just party it up with apps. Boohoo.

I have to pack tonight. 3 formal shirts, 3 skirts, shoes. I was considering something for the evenings too, but I dont get the modes in KL and it would be safer to stay in a shirt than risk something that might not be conservative enough. Thank god, formals are formal the world over and you dont have to survey the streets to know what goes. I need to read up on the event itself. That's an hour's homework at least. Plus I have to teach Siddesh some more, thats two hours. Annnd on top of that, I'm experiencing involuntary LOTR renewal syndrome. I dreamt of Eowyn and Maglor is running in my head.

I am so screwed.

What do I want, Bloggy?

I want "adventure in the great wide somewhere". But sometimes I ask if I'm just a thrill seeker. A silly tourist who's trying to forget the monotony with money and travel. In lieu of inner peace and all that blah. But I think I shall always wend away. A wanderer.

But that's a whole load of hooey. Thats what happens when you over-analyse

And in the meanwhile, you who read this, careful when you meet a lonely traveler half faded from memory.