Accompanied R to his boss' thanksgiving dinner. I don't know why, but I was so nervous. I knew I'd have so little in common with everyone there. Plus, I was feeling skippy, which is the worst mood to go to an older people's gathering.
It wasn't a total disaster but at least I had fun. I kept worrying I was embarassing Rajesh though. I didn't stick to his side at least. Someone told me I was very poised and confident for my age. Still, you think, you take me, 24 by age, 12 at heart, put me in a room where the median age might be 40 and people have children my age, one has no choice but to seem poised and confident. R knows me though. He can tell when I am feeling like a deer in the headlights, that smile is switched on and frozen.
But afterwards, I felt so silly, so childish. I need to grow up, I think, be able to talk about real things.