Friday, August 10, 2007

Happiness

You tell me what happiness is.
Is it the quiet acquiescence of two people?We were out with a bunch of friends. I was moved when we were discussing politics. Things are so complicated. People forget why we're working towards these political goals. You've got to sit down and realise who your target audience is. I had to speak up.

Do you know when I was happy? When Rajesh looked at me in the middle of his political "harangue" when I had interrupted to remind him of whom he was "haranguing" for. Those who are doing without, though the without is defined loosely. He stopped and acknowledged my pain. I loved him forever.

My pain was real, his logic was real. We acknowledged each others' realness, our individual thoughts without compromising our feelings. We both existed independent and infinite in that moment. That is who we are. And because we did, we're made. For each other that is.