Monday, August 27, 2007

The darned reception today

It's the reception today.
a)I'm not yet sure if this is one of the universities I'm applying for
b)Long term career goals, not yet clear.
c)What on earth will I have to say? And to whom?

Oh this application business is excruciating.

Someone advised me to get there quite early. I think I shall. I'm going to prepare like a sensible human being which I'm doing now by reading up as much as I can from the brochures, website and other sources. Then, before I leave I'll prepare like a girl and make sure I look okay. A neat and well groomed appearance is the best shield as well as an amulet of confidence a girl can have. I don't know if that profound statement is true, but increasingly I fight nervousness by attention to myself.
What a psychologist would make of that I don't know, but honestly, it makes one less thing to worry about. I'm not relying on it, it's just how a musician polishes his instrument. It doesn't make the tone better, it's presentation.