My god, I'm such a kook.
I read the crap new jedi order books. Oh, they are so much crap. I can't emphasise it enough. I like star wars but its always been a girly thing rather than a legitimate Science fiction interest. Its not legitimate science fiction because it's too childish, barely any science and contradicts itself wildly. And my interest is girly because, I mean, I liked Han solo, never quite bought in with all the crap force philosophising. Now these books are 40 years down the line. More Han Solo, yayyy. And more random handsome pilots, yayyyy.
Sometimes people think I have good taste in books. This just sank the Lusitania, people.
In my defense, I read both crap and good books. Only I need both. Handsome, witty, debonair pilots shooting down evil scum written by two-bit writers as well as deep multi layered rounded characters facing difficult and unusual times penned by skillful observers of human nature.
Though the star wars books are really so bad. I was literally flipping through them to get to the bits I wanted to read. the entire SW universe lacks imagination. Crap names scatter the pages, caedus, sidious, Shawnkyr, jagged (though he's one of the pilots)... Crap terminology: potentium heresy, younglings.. yadda, yadda
Sooooooooooo bad. Give me my time back! I demand a refund. (Erm.. I'll keep the pilots bit, though, thanks.)
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment