I feel the cook's urge on me again. I feel like making fabulous dishes and surprising everyone to bits. I'm going to make palak paneer (ho-hum, been there, done that), naan (aha, I have you sitting up, but that's easy really) and rasmalai.
The rasmalai is going to be the difficult part.
I enjoy cooking and shamefacedly I avow that I enjoy the praise even more. That's why after I am done, I can't eat my own food. It's like an examination. I've taken it incumbent upon myself for all my guests comfort. I do have a serious fault. I can't abide cooking heavy red-meaty foods, nor can I serve oily creations. I am stingy with oil. And why not? I wouldn't touch those things, it would be hypocritical to offer such unhealthy stuff to anyone, dessert is unhealthy enough. Besides; I'm cooking, I get to pick. It doesn't deter anyone from coming to eat. I usually end up cooking for 8 or more people.
Dunno what came over me. I love cooking, I love making things.
Strangely enough, I haven't really cooked for Rajesh that much or any of his friends; just twice. I can't remember how that went off. I just remember Mayank and his aggravating Barbarella. Argh.
I put up a wall lamp yesterday. I didn't really mean to do it. I just bought a simple lamp from Ikea never realising it was just the lamp. No bulb, no wires nothing. I went and bought a bulb and studied the fittings. There were screws and fixtures for wires. Went and bought a length of normal neutral/live electrical wire for a two pin plug, a two pin plug, a precision screw set and pliers. I screwed the whole contraption together, fixed the lamp to the wall and plugged it in. It worked! It just goes to show how sheltered a life I lead. I'm so excited over such a small project. I now feel like doing more electrical work in my bedroom. Like have a whole row of lamps and wire it up with a dimmer switch.
And I know why I feel extra proud. The man at the DIY store thought I was mad to do it without an electrician. So until my lamp goes up in flames, its ha! to him
Monday, July 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment