Watched the movie "born into brothels" day before yesterday. I watched it and was deeply disturbed. I went home vowing to myself that I'd do something. But when I was reading through my background research, I realised that there are far worse places. There are clinics and schools available to the children there. The Shonagachi red light area has only a 5% incident of HIV as compared to an 80% in the Mumbai red light areas. So if the depiction of children of Shonagachi moved me, what kind of conditions do these others live in? Also, there has been a large charitable outpouring following this movie. My paltry money is of no use here.
What I want to do is to find out how I can help the women of other areas. It's a charitable snobbery, maybe. But I'd like to give my money where it's wanted most. Yes, my help would be cool too, but I don't have training, background or the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment