It's been a month since I've stopped biting my nails. I bought this bitter liquid to put on my nails. I thought I was on to top of it. I looked and my well-kept nails and thought that's it. This is how I am from now on. Fool. It was but stage 1 of breaking an addiction. Over the last few days I've been consumed by a longing to bite my nails. Its a disgusting habit I know. But I can hardly bear it. There they are, gleaming, hard and manicured on the ends of my fingers. But at every moment of stress I look at them longingly. In terror I paint my nails with the bitter stuff every hour or so. Everything about me is probably bitter as hell. My lips are bitter. The bitter taste even lingers on my tongue.
But I am not an animal. I will conquer. I wonder if people find it as hard to quit smoking.
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment