Was reading about commitment and how outdated the engagement ring is and I completely agree. When I get down to committing something, I want something unusual and grand. Perhaps I could sponsor an orang-utan? Feed a hundred orphans for a year? All this was very interesting so I sat down and made a list of gifts that would really mean something to me. Most were from Udavum Karangal and WWF to be honest. So, throw back your diamonds, take back your silly circlets of gold. I want my happiness to be shared.
Some small part of me sighs. I love pretty things. I've never had a diamond. But where does it end? How big does this gem have to be? How much will it cost someone? Is it merely absolute or does it have to be bigger than other people's? And will I wear it when the smug cattiness of the gift has worn off?
Nopes. Not for me. Now if only this will get done. I mean to be so good, only I am so ennui-ed out.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment