Monday, January 25, 2010

Prayer

There's something to be said for unburdening your heart. Even if it involves heavy showers and being helplessly upset. The knots unwring, the places that ache get a little respite and everything is cleaner for the sunlight

I look outside and I can see so much that is beautiful that I can't believe a little while ago I wanted to numb myself to sleep. The clouds grow in momentum behind the peaks of the buildings across the silent river but the moon seems to edge ever away from their rising reach.

Please let me ever ever see what is beautiful and marvelous wherever I find myself, in both happiness and despair.


Edit: Unburdening can also give you terrible dreams. I, for whatever god forsaken reason, dreamt that I was going to get married to Harbhajan Singh. I was desperately trying to wake up all night. I succeeded at around six and feel like I didn't sleep all night.