Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Repentance of the Gloomy

I'm a silly thing. I tend to dramatise and exaggerate all of my feelings. Just to put things right and into perspective I just want to tell you, dear bloggy, that I had a marvellous time last night. I was in high spirits and decent looks, plus my new blue dress was all I hoped for. I met addy and lots of other people and managed to keep up my end in conversation instead of slinking shyly into a corner as I usually do. Got home at three, pleased and happy.
I 'imbibed' just the right amount. It kept me just cheerful enough and no one was drunk enough to throw a blight over the party. One or two people were just sliiiightly touchy feely, but I just moved away when that happened.
I recall an amusing conversation
R: oh we must see midsummer night's dream
S: Oh but we've seen the movie.

Gah! Shakespeare is wasted on such people.

No comments: