Sunday, May 13, 2007

In which Ipshita recounts her useless day

I'm missing my dog today. My dad sent his pic to me. He's sitting in front of a bucket of roses. I miss him, I miss him, I miss him.

It's been a mixed up day. I've done nothing but read the whole day. I've come up with a novel way of finding new material. I go to Project Gutenberg and enter a word in the title search criteria. So far, I've done common title words and a large number of results show up. large, but manageable, so it can be browsed and a suitable book chosen. It works.

Someone came to see my room today. I felt strangely detached. What a vagabond I am by nature. No territorial feelings. Just give me my clothes, my books, my laptop and my handbag. These belongings are mine and the room, just their current address.

I had a barbecue for my zoo buddies yesterday. I think it went off well and it was so hassle free, none of the usual hostly troubles. Clearing up was simple, entertainment was rolled up with the food and since we were all very like minded, there was no dearth of conversation, which is usually the most difficult thing to provide for any party.

Athulan is coming tomorrow. Again, no strong feelings one way or another. (I should apply for citizenship of the Neutral Planet, "Tell my wife, I said hello") Last time I met him, I was anxious to look well. I'm not in particularly good looks at the moment, but it hasn't bothered me. Does it bother me that it doesn't bother me? No, vaguely puzzled, that's all.

I'm bored. I feel a surge of evil, like I want to do something disruptive, or even play a prank. It's all the pent up energy of doing nothing on this lazy Sunday. If only my dog was here. Sigh. I've actually done one semi-evil thing. I white-lied to A & Y. They reacted appropriately. I think I did it out of some basic territorial instinct, a sort of girl "beat you to it". I hope no one reads this. I'm putting it down out of honesty, but I'm also counting on the fact I'm not going to give out this blog URL to anyone.

I originally set this blog up so I could review the books I read. It was supposed to give direction to my fanatic reading habit. I haven't done even one. About time, Ipshita. Tomorrow I shall list the books I read today and go over them briefly.

For shame, all this procrastination. It won't do

No comments: