Thursday, April 15, 2010

Shallow: when you're thinking I am so much prettier than her. When you know your dress is cheap but they don't know it and it makes you happy. When you know this is boring but you're in it for the compliments and ego boost. When you're glad to see people only because they all seem glad to see you.

Ugh. It calls for a shower. Scrub the shallow out. You're growing haggard, the white of the dress is already fading and gladness of a meeting cannot be sustained without the deeper regard. But it's not entirely my fault. I didn't choose this. I would have chosen to be with Rajesh and just friends and family. I would have chosen work honestly done. This little bubble life of mine is fleeting and I am left looking quizzically into the camera wondering who I am being photographed with now and if they would please stop spitting into my hair when they talk.