Thursday, December 31, 2009

I believe in magic. The magic of a full moon cradled in its aura of light. The clarity of air after a storm. The shy furtive dances of lizards when they think no one is at home. The spicy tang of a samosa crumbling and then melting in your mouth. The lilt of a theme catching your breath when you are surfing aimlessly. The flash of a suddenly pretty face when she looks innocently in your corner. The white silhouette of the library nestling its little gardens and palms. The slow rising chorus of crickets as the sun sets and the moon rises. The peace of nigh-dawn amidst its darkness when the world's worries have not woken.

And we come full circle. 2010, I hope to love you.

I am a messed up little girl who refuses the epithet of woman at 26. I am teetering on the brink of many things and drawing back from mistakes made. I have lost my beloved dog and even the newest of years could not bring him back. But tonight I am content to just be.

And to be prosaic, I love Merlin. Me like tv shows!