Tuesday, February 5, 2008

This is something I wanted to blog for a long time. I don't know quite how to start and how much to explain but you should hear the story first.

There was a cockroach and my sister hit it. She dislikes them intensely. However the hit didn't kill the roach and it was merely stunned. She turned to me and said, "Do you think there is life after this one? An afterlife?"

Curiously I looked at her as I answered, "No."

She said, not quite meeting my eyes, "I don't either. That's why we need to be careful how we take it away." And she then killed the roach.

For some reason this incident struck me strongly. The careful weighing of such a small action and then not letting the paralysis of indecision take her after such minute thought. And whatever else may strike you, Bloggy.