Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I have a growing frustration with myself. To put in terms that reflect my own interests: if there was a book set in a different time or place, the protagonist would quickly come to terms with the governing forces of the world, be it magic, science, the line of command, strategy and logic. Very well, I tend to think of myself as a protagonist in my own story, but I am so weakly equipped. I refer to my complete ignorance of the financial world. I am resolved to learn more, to attend more carefully to others who know more and to pay attention to the events in the world. I mean, after all, this along with all the laws of physics, science and logic (these with which I am more comfortable) will influence my life.


And I am impressed by the mathematical nature of it, by which I mean the system itself. It's alive!