Sunday, September 23, 2007

A good trip, an excellent trip.

Only I'm so tired after it.
So much climbing, walking, hiking..tea, strawberries, excellent people, the different weather zone, ticket tensions,
We went strawberry plucking, clambered all over tea estates, climbed to the moss forests, visited the Orang Aslis, went moonlight mountain climbing to 1500 metres, Munki's b'day celebrations, shutterbugging....

How much shutterbugging at that. I'd say I've got 140-150 pictures. The only thing I don't have pics of is the moonlight climb. It was to 1500 metres up a mountain (hill?) albeit only from 1200 metres, but it was jungle terrain; all roots, mudslides and sheer drops. Lucky it was night, I'd never have dared in the day. I remember near the top, there was a part where we had sidle along an edge and there was a drop of 50 feet. I nearly had the panics but not to disgrace myself, I kept my eyes on my footholds and handholds. The guide was most amused at us. He was only a little older than us, but he's much fitter. During the steepest ascents, we had to beg him to stop and give us a breather, several times. But it was quite steep really and he was so fast. The whole distance from the first climb to the top and back to where we could walk again, was about 7 kilometres. God only knows how long it was including the parts where we could walk. It took us 3 and half hours from start to end.
Was it only a weekend? It felt like we crammed a week into these 2 days.
I've got bruises from where I slipped down the hill onto an obliging tree root.
And I can feel the train rocking. Sleepy.
I'll post some pics here later, Bloggy.